FuturLink is hiring!
Lead Linux Software Engineer (Embedded systems)
FuturLink HQ, Barcelona, Spain
The Software Engineer will integrate with the R&D+I Department, developing solutions to meet stated requirements and develope detailed specifications and unit-test plans that guide the implementation.
Primary responsibilities include research and developing in the LINUX Operating System arena(Debian/xUbuntu) for embedded devices, plus technical planning and software architecture development.
- This is a great opportunity for senior developers that have experience in leading the technical aspects of projects, and involve the research in the path of projects.
- Motivated self-starter that operates well on a small team
- Can write good documentation and can fluently communicate in English.
- Integrates testing and error-reporting into design and implementation
- Experience in leading R&D Projects under Linux Debian/Ubuntu environments and distributions
- Can design with the full-picture in mind; will create flexible, maintainable and appropriately general code.
- Strong expertise in Debian+ ecosystem
- Strong expertise in programming and configuring networking systems Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Iptables
- Strong expertise in Designing and Developing with C++ for Linux Debian/Ubuntu environments.
- Solid Object Oriented programming skills.
- Practical experience with source code control, bug tracking, project scheduling and requirement tracking concepts and tools.
- Experience developing products for retail distribution a plus.
- PHP/SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Interest in wireless technologies (Bluetooth, NFC)